Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Settling for #54

Well as expected I came up a little short in my goal to end 2017 in the top 50 traders on TCDB.  I finished with 75 completed trades.  I need 80 to crack the top 50.  Trades 74 and 75 came in last week during my Christmas break.  #74 was from member family1.

While this trade only involved 5 cards, I loved that most of the cards involved were Sportsflics.  I did not have any luck trying to get this 1988 card to show Vince Coleman, but at least you can see his name. 

The 1990 version had more colorful fronts, though a yellow border would not have been my first choice.  These 3 completed my team set.

The only non Sportflics card was this 1989 Topps UK mini.  I love adding late 1980s oddballs to my collection. 

I also received a 5 card package from member La Loosh. 

This package had no real theme to it, just some inserts and set hits like this 1996 Fleer Update card.  There are 14 Cardinals in this rather common set, but I still need 3 of them.

 I always like Siegrist as a left handed reliever, but he fell victim of Matheny's overuse and was not effective in 2017.  After catching on with the Phillies to finish the year, he became a free agent.  I am sure someone will take a chance on him if he can prove he can still throw in the mid 90s.  His card is a rainbow foil parallel from 2016.  I guess I will consider the Tweedy a Cardinals card.  He is wearing a Cardinals cap at least.

This 2013 Topps Shelby Miller is the factory set variation.  I have seen this card before and not realized was not from the regular set even though I have a few of the base cards laying around.  The Pujols card is from the 2017 Update All Rookie Cup insert set.  It would be nice if  there was some sort of notation on the front of the card like what Topps does with the older Archives or Fan Favorites sets. 




2 comments:

  1. I'll be adding more baseball to my TCDB traders in the next few weeks. Hopefully I'll have a few Cardinals that you need and I can help get you going in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great, looking forward to trading with you again

      Delete