Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Trading Bases Trade

My steady flow of trade envelopes continued on Monday.  Both packages were from Trading Bases members.  Today I will highlight the cards from member Jerry R.


I have a long way to go to complete the 1992 Conlon team set.   There are 49 Cardinals in it.  I still need 28 of them.

I did not eat much Tombstone Pizza in 1994, thus I had no idea about this card set.  I wonder if people back then went crazy for these cards like they did for the Marketside set in 2016. 

Topps Embossed only lasted one year.  The 1995 design was ok, but there was nothing that really stood out.  The Gold parallels were nothing special and scan about as horrible as some chrome cards.


 I think 1998 Pacific Online was one of my least favorite Pacific designs.  The web address nonsense at the top takes away from the player photo.  The only good thing about this set was the large checklist that included relief pitchers and bench players.  The Cardinals set has 28 cards.  I still need 6 of them.

I always have holes in my Topps Opening Day and Finest sets.  Finest cards from the mid 1990s can be hard to find, but the OD cards should not be.  I might have to make it a mini goal to complete some of these sets this year.

I am not a fan of Topps Chipz.  There is not a great way to store these things.  At least this finish my 2013 team set. 




No comments:

Post a Comment