Tuesday, February 13, 2018

4 Before I Go

This will be my last post for a week or so.  Tomorrow morning the family and I are headed to Florida.  After a couple of days at Universal Studios, we will head to Jupiter to catch some Cardinals spring training.  The first time we went in 2016 was half way through camp when all the minor league players were there.  This time is much early, with position players not having to report until Sunday.  I am not sure what we will be able to see, but am hopeful at the very least we can see some pitching and infield drills.  I know quite a few of the regular infielders are already in camp.

I received 2 trade envelopes yesterday, but only had time to scan the contents of one.  TCDB member Noy sent a sweet four pack of  Cardinals.


The 2004 Upper Deck Famous Quotes insert set has some great quotes from all time greats.  Musial has a good one, but Yogi Berra's is the best.  "Baseball is 90 percent mental, the other half is physical."

It seems like I am getting a ton of cards players the Cardinals traded away recently.  I have mentioned the Diaz trade a few times already.  Alcantara was the main player the Marlins received in the Ozuna trade.  If he can figure out his command, he could be a solid #2 starter or dominate closer.

Yadi has no base cards in 2018 Series 1, but plenty of inserts including the relic card.  I cannot say it is a jersey card, just that it is a memorabilia card.  Maybe Topps cut up his pants or socks. 

4 comments:

  1. Have fun! I miss going to Spring Training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jupiter is about an hour and a quarter north of where I am. It's beautiful weather right now, you'll definitely enjoy it down here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks to be little chance of rain and 80 degrees. A lot better than rain and 40 at home

      Delete