Friday, February 23, 2018

It's Almost Time

As I sit at my work desk writing this, the Cardinals are about 20 minutes away from their first spring training game.  The rainy weather here in Illinois has slowed things down here, so I should have a good chance to watch some of the game online.  There will be a handful of regulars in the lineup, with the highlight for me being Marcell Ozuna getting his first Cardinals at bats as the DH.  One of my favorite prospects Jack Flaherty is the scheduled starter.

My latest mail day did not contain any cards, but did have another reminder that baseball season is almost here.

For the second year in a row I am a Peoria Chiefs partial season ticket holder.  This is one of 20 vouchers I can use any time during the year.  This plan works out great for me because of the 3 hour drive to Dozer Park.  Single game tickets do not go on sale until March 1, but I was able to get seats for the May 4th game already.  The giveaway that night is this great looking Harrison Bader bobblehead

Opening Day cannot get here soon enough
   

 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it is that time of the year again. Here there are no seasons so I kind of forget

    ReplyDelete