Thursday, February 22, 2018

Another Back and Forth Package

Mark Z.  is a member of Trading Bases and TCDB.  He is also one of two online traders I have had the pleasure of meeting.  Our open end trade of exchanging Cardinals duplicates continued over the weekend when he sent me an unexpected package.  I guess it was not so unexpected because he did shoot me an email letting me know to watch for it. 

These are my first Honus Bonus cards.  I have not read up to much about how to play the game, but have noticed the Cardinals checklist is a rather large one with 17 cards featuring bench players and middle relievers.  Take note Topps.

 I love the bubbly look of Topps Chrome Update.  The inserts really stand out.  The idea behind the 2001 Topps American Pie set was not bad, but the cards could use a little something.  A simple photo with an orange background is not that appealing to me, but I was born in 1976.  Maybe someone older really digs this card. 

Purple chrome is good, although it does clash with the Cardinals red.

Heritage relic cards are one of my favorites.  Clubhouse Collection cards usually have a simple design and each year it seems there are 4 or 5 Cardinals.  I am not a game used lover, but I may have to track more of these down.

No comments:

Post a Comment