Tuesday, June 26, 2018

2 Weeks Behind

I admit it was tough watching everyone else show off the new Topps Series 2 cards 2 weeks ago.  It was tempting to open a hanger pack or two from Wal-Mart, but I resisted the urge and instead was able to make a trade with Trading Bases member Ron B for the entire Cardinals set.  Ron also include a few extras.  I will not show off the entire set, just my favorites.

Call me strange, but I was excited to see cards of 2 backup infielders included.  Garcia has not had a card since 2010.  This is the Mejia card I wish I had this past weekend.

Also included are cards of 2 relievers.  Sheriff has joined a recent line of Cardinals pitchers who have under TJ surgery.  Norris is putting together a nice season as the Cardinals closer.  Since no one else on the team is standing out, it may not be crazy to see Bud in the All Star game in a couple of weeks.

Futures Stars / Rookie Cup cards are some of my favorite base cards.  It is always interesting to see who Topps thinks will be a star.  These 2 may not be stars yet, but hopefully will be solid everyday players for a few years.

The Pham foil card is a great shot from the Series 2 set.  The Carp 1983 insert is actually from Series 1, but still a welcome addition. 

These pair of Harry cards are my first from 2018 Diamond Kings.  This year's design is a big disappointment after I loved last year's. 

 I already have the 2 Ozzie base cards, but the 95 Zenith is such a sweet shot I had to show it.  I doubt if you will ever see another player wear a helmet like the one Ozzie has one in the Bunt Program card.  Heck even the standard ear flap one seems to be going out of style in place of the one with the jaw guard or whatever that extra piece is called. 

1 comment:

  1. The DeJong and Pham flagship cards are nice, and that Summit Ozzie is a sweet shot indeed. I kind of like the DK set-it is a bit simple, but the colors pop. St. Louis cards always look nice in a classic set, even without logos.

    ReplyDelete