Monday, June 18, 2018

Thank You for the Thank You Card

A few weeks ago I posted about a 2018 Bowman Shohei Ohtani sent me as a throw in for mailing a trade a little late.  I offered the card up as a freebie and was glad to see that Angel collector Tom from The Angels, In Order  claimed it.  I did not need anything in return, but being the great guy that he is, Tom sent me a thank PWE. 

Flaherty pitched a decent game last night to help the Cardinals avoid a sweep against the Cubs.  He threw 5 shutout innings, but needed close to 100 pitches to do it.  The Cardinals did not score until the 6th inning, so Flaherty did not get the win.  Of all the Cardinals young pitchers, he is the one I am most excited about.  He throws in the mid 90s with 4 pitches he can throw for strikes.  At 22, he has plenty of time to learn how to keep the pitch count lower in order to win more games.

1982 Fleer Stamps are about as plain as you can get.  No team or player name on the front, just a number in the lower left hand corner.  The backs of course are blank so they can be stuck in an album.  Most Cardinals fans know Bruce Sutter and Bob Forsch, but how about Gene Tenace and Dane Iorg? 

Thanks Tom for the great cards/stamps.  I agree with your note that we will have to strike up a larger trade sometime.


No comments:

Post a Comment