Monday, June 11, 2018

Small Card Show Recap

Anytime I travel over the weekends, I always make it a point to check the Beckett website in hopes of finding a close card show.  This past weekend I was in luck as my son had a baseball tournament in Evansville, IN.  There was a small show at a run down local mall that advertised 20 tables.  I had been to a show at this location before without much luck, but we had 2 hours to kill in between games so I was able to dig up a few cards.   


There was only one vendor who had quarter cards.  I was able to pick 3 former Cardinals that I needed.

I also found some trade bait in the quarter box.  Anytime I can find numbered cards of certain teams or superstars for 25 cents, I will take them.  I was a little surprised to find the 2 2017 Draft green refractors #ed to 99 in the box.


My only other purchase of the day were some Cardinals from my 1970s wantlist.   Vintage is not one of the usual things I look for at a show, but these were in pretty good shape and the vendor was very talkative.  The 1973 Busse was the last card needed for my team set.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment