Tuesday, February 26, 2019

I Was Saluted

One of the bigger insert sets that Topps put out in 2017 and 2018 was Salute.  The 2017 set contained 200 cards, while the 2018 set contained 250 cards spread out between Series 1, 2, and Update.  With sets that large, there are bound to be a very Cardinals I can use.  The Bench member jweech was able to hit both sets.

The 2017 set contained 11 Cardinals.  These two brought my wantlist down to just one of the Alex Reyes card.  One reason this set is 200 cards is a lot of players have multiple cards.  Both Reyes and Diaz have 2 cards even though neither one had played 2 years in the Majors.

The 2018 sets featured 15 Cardinals.  Once again players with little service time have multiple cards.  I still need 4 or 5 of them.

The trade package contained more than Salute cards.  These 2 are from 2019.  I have never tried the Home Run Challange, but may have to this year. 

I love the 2012 Gold Sparkle cards.  Series 1 and 2 had 30 Cardinals.  I only need 3 more, but will have a lot of the Update cards to track down.

This is my first 2017 Topps Negative card.  Cannot say that I am impressed.  Just not a very nice looking card.  Nothing very positive about the Heyward either, but it did finish a team set.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment