Friday, May 3, 2019

Hitting the Heritage

I have fallen a bit behind with my trade recaps.  You would think with the rainy weather over the past few days I would have some spare time inside, but that has not been the case.  End of the year school activities have started, and baseball practice goes on indoors.  I was lucky to have some free time last night to scan a trade package from Trading Bases member Matt S.

I was able to finish my 2019 Heritage base set minus the short prints and add another sp with the Mikolas card.  Still needing 5 short prints to finish the set.  I doubt this one will get finished anytime soon.

There was a nice variety of Heritage inserts included.  The Goldschmidt is a cloth sticker, the Mikolas a Chrome numbered to 999, and the Yadi is a purple refractor.  The 2 Torre inserts are the standard Heritage inserts you get every year.

 My 2013 Heritage High Numbers set is just missing the Matt Carpenter card thanks to these 3 additions.  Martinez looks very strange with short hair.  He is set to start a minor league rehab soon.  

The non Heritage cards include a 1976 SSPC Lou Brock and a badly miscut 1971 card.  I am not a big stickler on the condition of vintage cards.   Anything I can get is a welcome addition.

More Cardinals Hall of Famers including a 1992 Conlon and the last 1985 Topps Woolworth I needed for my team set.  

Nothing very fancy about these 2 cards: a 2012 Topps mini and 2005 Topps Gallery.  I am not a big fan of the mini card or the blurry painting used on the Gallery card.

Sooner or later Topps will run out of ideas for the manufactured patch/relic cards.  I would love to see them use older team logos.  This 2019 card is about as boring as you can get.   

No comments:

Post a Comment