Friday, May 10, 2019

Wrapping Up the Week

It was great to see the Cardinals finally put up some runs last night.  17 to be exact, none coming from home runs.  They really need to win 3 of 4 against the Pirates at home this weekend.  I wish I could watch some of the games, but my weekend is booked up.  Today is my wife's birthday, my son has a baseball tournament this weekend, and of course we all know it is Mother's Day on Sunday.  Unless we get a lot of rain (I hope we do not), I will have little time for the Cardinals or baseball cards until next week.  I did receive a trade envelope yesterday from TCDB member madams30 that was a nice end to my week.

It is weird how you never receive certain cards in a trade in a long time, then they come in bunches.  Just like Monday's post, I received some 1990 CMC Cardinals.  I might be over halfway on this set now, but I will have to wait until next week to check.

I usually do not scan the back of cards, but I am sure everyone has seen the front of a 1991 Topps card.  This one is a dark logo variation.  The Young card is from the 1997 Sports Illustrated set.  I loved the SI sets in the late 1990s and was disappointed Fleer did not make more. 

I will never have all the McGwire cards from the Pacific brands, but I will keep trying.  This is one is a 1998 Pacific Omega Online insert.  Love the pose, hate the background.  The Morris card can be a little confusing to identify.  In 1997, Select put out a base set and a parallel Select Company that looked very similar.  The Select Company cards appear to have rays of sunshine shooting from the logo in the upper right.

No comments:

Post a Comment