Thursday, August 8, 2019

Ginter Goodness

I have made no secret about my opinion of Allen & Ginter.  There are 2 major flaws for me. One, I am not a lover of mini cards.  I still have plenty Cardinals minis in my collection, but I do not go out of my way to find them.  Second and most of all,  I do not like buying a pack of cards and getting a dog, or fish, or airplane.  I buy baseball cards to get a card of a baseball player, not some gimmick.  It has been many years since I bought a pack of A&G.

Thank goodness there are plenty of guys who love Allen & Ginter for the things I do not.  Trading Bases member and my great friend Ron B opened a couple of hobby boxes and sent me his extra Cardinals.



I received a great start to my team set.  I need 2 more base cards and 3 sps to finish.  It looks like the sps are not too tough this year, so I hope this set will be done before too long.

I will show the minis despite my lack of love for them.  The top row are all A&G back variations.  I also received a regular and black border Matt Carpenter.  It was good to see him not hitting leadoff upon his return from the DL.  A guy who hits below .220 and strikes out a ton is not your typical table setter.

 I do like the Ginter Greats inserts set.  Stan the Man is 1 of 4 Cardinals in the set. 

My son added some sweet Altuve cards to his collection including a 2018 Triple Threads, 2019 A&G, and a 2019 Topps Top of the Class card. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment