Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Red and Gold

It is getting down to crunch time for teams to make the playoffs.  Every game now is important.  With the big wins could come bad losses.  Such was the case for the the Cardinals on Sunday.  I was at the game (will have a longer post up this week about it)and watched Ryan Braun hit a grand slam in the 9th  to beat the Cards.  They still have a 2 game lead, but with a tough remaining schedule, I would not wager either way on their playoff chances.  I was cheered up somewhat Sunday after returning home to open Saturday's mail.  TCDB member Orry04 sent a nice package with some colorful Cardinals.

1997 Donruss Team sets look great with the Cardinals red sunburst at the bottom.  I will have to keep an eye out for more of these as I only have 4 of the 15 cards in the set.

Even though my scanner turned them bronze, these 2 cards are from the 1998 Pacific Online Red parallel set.  I have mentioned before how busy Online cards look.  The red does not help matters.

The last red card was this 1993 Action Packed Ken Boyer.  Looks like he forgot to wear some shades.  The Benes card is a base card from 1997 Pacific Crown Collection, while the Coleman is a 1989 Topps Tiffany. 

1996 Ultra Gold Medallion cards are not the best looking cards.   I really do not like cards that lack a background.  The big stamp does nothing for me.

Topps does there gold parallels much better.  The Wacha is from the 2019.  He pitched a nice 5 innings on Sunday before the bullpen fell apart on him.  Waino is my first cards from Heritage High Numbers.  2 more short prints I will need to find. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment