Monday, January 27, 2020

Catching Up with 2019 Inserts

It is crazy to think 2020 Topps Series 1 will be out next week.  If you are lucky, maybe you will find some blasters at your local Target or Wal-Mart earlier than the Feb. 5 release date.  I do not have any plans to buy any right now, but if I can find a team break with the Cardinals available, I may join.  Otherwise I will rely on trades to obtain the Cardinals base cards.

Even though 2020 cards are almost here, I am still tracking down a bunch of Cardinals from 2019.  I am making good progress with most of the base cards, but can still use a lot of the cheap Topps inserts and parallels.  Last week a trade with TCDB member Coleman23 brought a nice stack of them my way.

I was glad the Cardinals did not resign Ozuna.  I would rather them gain a draft pick, save $18 million, and let Tyler O'Neill and Lane Thomas play,  Ozuna may have a monster year in Atlanta, but I think the young guys will do ok in St. Louis.

I hope Topps cuts back on the number of parallels.  Rainbow foil and gold are fine, but did we really need a 150th set last year? 

I found the Greatest Seasons and Greatest Players inserts confusing.  Are they from the same set?  If so, why is numbering different?  I do like the All Stars set from Topps Update.  The red, white, and blue color scheme usually looks good on any card.  The Mikolas is the lone 2018 card from the package.  Hard to tell, but it is a Metallic parallel.

I also like the Iconic Reprints from Update.  Doubt I will ever own the original cards, so these will have to do.

Unlike the 2018 set, I have very few parallels from 2019 Big League.  I will have to do a better job of looking out for these.  Although it is a budget brand, I have liked all the Big League designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment