Friday, January 31, 2020

Is it Lunchtime?

I just got back from my lunch break.  What better time to highlight a pwe from TCDB member CubinSTLsets.  We made a small trade earlier this month where he could not find a card.  I told him not to worry about, but last week he sent it along with 3 others.

This 1981 Topps Squirt was the missing card.  I do not think I have ever drank a Squirt before.  Those citrus drinks are not my thing.  The color scheme makes me think more of Mellow Yellow.

I remember eating boxes of Mac n Cheese to get these cards on the back of the box.  I have seen this card hundreds of times, but never had one.  Now I do.  You can almost call this a Panini card with that glaring logoless cap.

These well loved Hostess cards are from 1976.  I love these vintage oddballs.  The design is rather simple, but I love the character of the blue uniforms.  Also check out Simmons locks and McBrides side burns.  The 1970s must have been a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment