Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Turning Bowman into Cardinals

Most of my trades of late have been the pwe variety.  I love the small trades.  Postage is usually less than $1 and when my cards arrive there is not as many to scan and file away.  Despite all this, I will not pass up a chance to get a large chunk of cards in either.  Most of the time I am able to get rid of a decent amount of cards myself.  This was the case with a recent trade with Trading Bases member Tom B.  I sent him almost every 2020 Bowman card I had in exchange for a nice batch of Cardinals set needs.

 
I will start with the only inserts from the package.  I believe I only need 2 more cards from both the 1995 Upper Deck Electric Diamond and 1994 Stadium Club Golden Rainbow sets. 


I was able to finish my 1994 Bowman's Best team set.  I love the Best sets from the mid 1990s.  The refractors really stand out, while the base cards even look great.


1997 Topps Gallery is one of the rare sets with the card number on the front.  Look closely and you will see it under the player's name. 


The 1998 Topps Gallery base cards are a little dark compared to 1997.  At least you get to see Ron Gant's front side.  The Super Joe McEwing card finished my 1999 Bowman Chrome team set.


JD Drew had a ton of cards in his first couple of years.  I still need quite a few.  The Vina card is from 2001 Topps Fusion. 


Edmonds is another guy I still need a ton of base cards from, although quite a few are from premium brands. 


Pujols is 1 guy I know I will never cross all his cards off my wantlist.  A lot of his 2001 rookie cards are out of my price range.  I will be content knocking off other like this 2004 SP Prospects card that completed a team set.


My favorite card of the package was the 2013 Topps Tribute Musial.  The 2005 Origins is not bad, but the green border just seems off to me.  Cardinal red would have been better.


Rounding out the package were 2 shortprints from 2007 Topps Heritage.  These yellow nameplate variations bring my set needs down to 5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment