Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Another From Trading Bases

I halted my trading on TCDB before I left on vacation.  I did not want to bother with trying to work out deals or worrying about whether the mail was being delivered.  I did manage to work out a couple of trades with Trading Bases members.  One was from yesterdays's post, while the second was with member Matt S.  This is the second time I have traded with him this year.  The first time brought me a quite a few nice Cardinals.   This time was no different. 


My dislike for minis is not as strong as it once was.  Nice Cardinals like these make it more easier to trade for them.  The 17 Reyes is an A&G back while the 18 Gibby is a black border.


Although the design and photo is nothing to write home about, I could not pass up a numbered card of 2011 World Series hero David Freese.


This will be the first year in a long time I will not have any new minor league sets to track down.  I guess I will track down some All Star or Top Prospect card like the ones above. 


The 2015 Topps Heritage '51 set  was only released in a factory set.  That would be why I these are the first in my collection.  I shy away from factory sets or any other online exclusives.


Speaking of online exclusive cards, the Brock is from the 2017 3000 Hit Club on demand set.  Nice shiny card, but I would never buy the set .  The Ozzie is from the 2018 Topps New Era set.


I do not have a Meijer store within 2 hours of driving distance.  That makes it tough to find these purple parallels every year. 


I do have a couple of Walgreens within 30 minutes, but I cannot tell you the last time I was in one.  It is not the first place I think of when I want to buy some cards.  I understand it can be very hit and miss to find cards there anyway.


Finishing up with some 150th Anniversary parallels from 2019.  As Chris noted in a comment on an earlier post, you gotta love the high socks that Gant is wearing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment