Tuesday, August 4, 2020

EBAY Lot Recap

Before I left on vacation a couple of weeks ago, I referred to an EBAY lot that I had won the last week of June.  It was a 1,000 card lot that arrived in a medium flat rate box.


There auction description gave some vague details of player quatities, but other than a few pictures I had no idea what was included.  The seller did say most of the cards were from the last 2 years, so I felt pretty sure there would be some decent cards in there. 


All the cards were inside snap cases.  35 of them to be exact.  The cases alone were almost worth what I paid for the lot.


The seller included some extras like some magazine cards inserts, promo sheets, and a Mariners magazine.  Not really anything I can use, but it is always nice to get something extra.


A good chunk of the box was made up of base cards from 2019 Archives, Update, Bowman Platinum, and Bowman Chrome.  There were close to 20 short prints from Archives.  The Chrome did not have any huge names, but the Jake Bauers card shown is a photo variation. 



I was not expecting to get many new Cardinals.  I ended up with these 7.  All nice inserts.  There were about 30 other Cardinals that I already have that may find there way to Kerry if he needs them.  Otherwise they will be trade bait.

Speaking of trade bait, that is the main reason I bought the lot.  With the absence of card shows and my habit for not buying very much unopened product, I needed to refresh my trade bait.  Along with the base cards, there was a ton of inserts and player lots.


The lot included 68 Ohtani cards.  Quite a few were inserts, including a near complete set of 2019 Update Highlights.  The Lindor lot had about 50 various cards.  My son was disappointed that he did not need any of the 30 Altuves.  I should be able to swap with a couple of other Altuve collectors to get some he needs. 


The seller must have been a Braves fan.  There were almost 100 Austin Riley and Freddie Freeman cards.  Quite a few doubles of each, but there are a ton of  Braves fans out there who can hopefully use some of t these.  There was also about 20 different Chipper Jones cards. 


Base cards were not the only cards in the box.  There was a healthy stack of inserts included.  Quite a small stack of 2019 150th parallels along with other Update inserts and some 2020 Turkey Red cards.


There was a nice selection of Stadium Club inserts including 6 black, 9 red, and 9 sepia cards from 2019.


There was a small stack of 2019 Gypsy Queen green cards along with an Indigo Brandon Belt numbered to 250.


To go along with the large stack of 2019 Bowman Platinum base cards there were 26 Ice parallels.  Most were from the Top Prospect set including a few duplicates.


I found a few 2019 Topps Chrome base cards.  I was shocked there were more refractors.  15 regular refractors, 4 prism, 12 pink, and 20 sepia.


About the only Panini cards in the box were these 9 parallels from 2019.  There was a handful of base cards and inserts from 2020 Diamond Kings also. 

I did not scan all the miscellaneous inserts.  I would guess there was about 50 more from various brands.  I did not find any big names like Trout or any of the hot rookies, but overall I was very pleased with the lot.  Total for the lot including was just shy of $32.50.  For just over $.03 per card, I think I did ok.  If you see anything you might be interested in or need a full breakdown of the inserts, check out my trade page on TCDB on the left.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds good. I have traded a handful of the cards, but still have a ton of them. LMK if you find anything you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got a fantastic deal! I have a few more things to send you as well.

    ReplyDelete