Monday, September 14, 2020

More of My Favorites

When you come to my blog , you know you are most likely only going to see 2 types of cards:  Cardinals and the occasional Jose Altuve.  Sounds like a strange combination, but you have to keep kids interested in collecting.  Even through the cheating scandal and his awful 2020 season so far, my son has continued his pursuit of Jose cards.  I will gladly help him add to it.  Last week a trade with TCDB member La Loosh  brought some cards for the both of us.

   
These 2 brings my son's Altuve collection up to 335.  I doubt if he reaches 400 before the end of the year, but 350 should be doable.


Torre is getting more cards in a Cardinals uniform this year.  He will be in the upcoming Allen & Ginter release later this week.  I love the 1980s Cardinals teams.  I doubt if you will ever see that style of baseball again.  Run and gun with less than 100 home runs a year. 


Wainwright has been cheating Fr. Time this year.  He just took his first loss over the weekend.  I am guessing he will come back next year for one more season than retire.  Maybe him and Molina will go out together.  Gibson may be the oldest living Cardinals HOF member now that Lou Brock passed away.  I have not heard much about him since he was diagnosed with cancer in 2019.


I am sure you will see a bunch of new A&G minis on other blogs in the next couple of weeks.  I may even show one of my son feels the need to bust some packs this weekend.  That is if we are lucky enough to find any at the local Walmart.




No comments:

Post a Comment