Wednesday, September 30, 2020

2 EBAY Wins

The Cardinals start their unlikely playoff run today.  I do not give them much of a chance to get past the Padres, even with Clevinger and Lamet are not pitching.  The offense has not been scoring very many runs the last couple of weeks.  Maybe the last 2 days off will help, but I am not getting my hopes too high.  One guy that has been hitting better since he was recalled is Dylan Carlson.  He should start somewhere in the outfield for all the games.


This is my first Topps Now card.  In fact, it was so cheap I bought 2 copies.  I almost bought directly from the Topps website, but found a nice deal on EBAY where I got 2 delivered for less than 1 from Topps.  It took almost a month after Topps shipped the cards to buyers, but it was worth the wait.  


One pitcher the Cardinals will most likely face in this series is former closer Trevor Rosenthal.  He has been almost unhittable since joining the Padres.  He had a very good run as the Cardinals closer in 2014 and 2015.  He is from a long line of great Cardinals closers that started with Bruce Sutter in the early 1980s.  After Sutter, the Cardinals turned to a hard throwing rookie in late 1985.


Worrell was about as dominant as a reliever could get from 1986-1989 until he got injured.  I was thrilled Topps included an autograph of him in this year's Archives.  I believe this is his first certified autograph.  It was no surprise that these sold well upon release.  I waited awhile to find this one for a little less than $10 delivered.  

No comments:

Post a Comment