Thursday, October 1, 2020

I Spoke Too Soon

In yesterday's post I talked about my lack of faith in the Cardinals ability to score runs.  Then they go out and score 4 runs in the first inning and managed to hang on for a 7-4 victory.  Maybe they took a bunch of batting practice on Monday an Tuesday.  Whatever they did, I hope it carries over to today.  Wainwright will have to be pretty sharp, as the bullpen may be a little depleted after using 5 relievers yesterday.  

While I watched the last few innings last night, I ripped open a trade package from TCDB member CoachBarry.  This one came in the mail on Saturday, but I grabbed it on the way out the door and forgot it was in the back seat of my truck.  


Today could be the last time you see Wainwright and Molina together on the field.  I hope not, but if so it has been a great run.  15 years together is an eternity in baseball.  I like the Opening Day blue shimmer a little better than the gold, but both are great looking cards.


I am like a magnet for minis these days.  I may even complete a team set one of these days.  I doubt it will be the 2014 GQ set these 3 are from.  There are 29 Cardinals in that one.


Wisdom and Gorman are among a handful of third baseman the Cardinals have used a #1 draft pick on the last 10 years.  This year was no exception as they took Jordan Walker.  Sooner or later one of these guys will turn into a starter who lasts more than a year or two.  My hope is for Gorman to be that guy as he has a ton of power.  



I received all sorts of different sized cards in this trade.  Mini, regulars and oversized cards like this Whitey Herzog.  I have a shoe box full of these Donruss All Star cards from the 1980s.  The Eckersley is a hit to my 1997 Topps Gallery set.  You do not see too many high leg kicks like his anymore.





    

No comments:

Post a Comment