Thursday, October 8, 2020

Lots of Team Hits

 A lot has happened since my last post 1 week ago.  In the span of 2 hours last Friday night, the Cardinals were eliminated by the Padres, my slow pitch softball team lost both games of a double header, and  Cardinals legend Bob Gibson passed away.  Talk about a bad start to a weekend.  This week has been crazy at work with the great weather we are having in Illinois.  

There has been little time for baseball cards other than opening a trade package from TCDB member frankgifford.  I believe I opened this one on Sunday, but did not have a chance to scan it until early this morning.  It was full of various hits to my Cardinals team set needs.


It has been quite a while since I have received any 2001 Topps Archives needs.  I love the classic look of this set.


I have a little over 400 different Edmonds cards, yet I still need quite a few common base cards like these.  He does not look to thrilled to have his picture taken on the 2005 Bowman Heritage.


2005 is one of the few Finest designs that I am not a fan of.  If you look too long at the spiral bullseye you may get a headache.



I have one more 2020 Ginter card incoming to complete my team set.  Always nice to complete the sets that include short prints.



Some various cards from early 2000s sets.  With the passing of Brock and Gibson, Ozzie is soon becoming one of the oldest living Cardinal HOF players.  Whitey Herzog still has him beat.


These 2 cards have nothing in common other than the fact I needed them both.  The Worrell is from 1987 Fleer Hottest Stars.  This is one of those Fleer box sets I have never heard of.  Now I have a Willie  McGee card to track down.




1 comment:

  1. Yeah, having Bob Gibson pass away the very day the Cardinals were eliminated was brutal. I feel for you Cardinals fans. What a miserable year 2020 has been so far.

    ReplyDelete