Friday, October 30, 2020

Rocks for Cards

It was a welcome site this morning to finally see the sun.  For the past three days it has been raining off and on with overcast skies.  If the weatherman is right, next week should be nice also.  I plan to spend my evenings staying caught up in my card room.  It will be dark by 5:00 soon with the time change coming this weekend.  I will have a few Cardinals to put away from a trade package that arrived yesterday from TCDB member Gapporin.  I sent a stack of Rockies and Cardinals extras his way.


Most of my recent trades have been for new cards.  It was nice to know a few base cards off from older sets.  The Polanco is short print from 1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars.


These are the last 2 McGwires I needed from the 1999 McDonald's Milestones set.  They look much better in person.  


I miss Pacific, but not the countless parallels that were hard to identify.  The Ankiel is a Ruby parallel from 2000 Pacific.  Pags is a gold signature from 1995 Collector's Choice.  


I would not be shocked to see Bader become a former Cardinal just like Pham.  I was floored to see the Cardinals decline Kolten Wong's $12 million option for 2021.  Management said the lost revenue due to the virus and the uncertainty of next year played a big factor.  I would bet there will be quite a few other big names around the league who will suffer the same fate.  



    

No comments:

Post a Comment