Monday, November 2, 2020

Birthday Trade

Last week I celebrated a birthday.  I am north of 40, but not quite to the half century mark yet.  I will let you do the math to figure out my exact age.  As is my custom most days, one of my first stops in my morning internet surfing is TCDB.  One the front page about halfway down is an area for athletes with birthdays.  If you following the link, you will also find member's birthdays.  I did not know any of the members except one, rmitchell6700.  He is better known to most of you as Robert, the keeper of $30 a Week Habit.  Since we share the same birthday, I thought it was only fitting we should strike up a trade.  My end arrived on Halloween.  Instead of candy, I got to open a sweet package of Cardinals.


I do not trade for many Pujols cards anymore.  I still need thousands of them, but most on my wantlist are his high dollar rookie cards.  Maybe I will make it a goal over the winter to add more of his cards.  It is hard to tell from the scan, but the Piscotty is a foil parallel from 2017.  Love the close up of the grass being kicked up.



Robert had an extra 2019 GQ green parallel from his set build that I needed for my team set.  He also included a lime green and holo red card. Panini has some weird colors in its rainbow.


Upper Deck and Fleer included a ton of numbered rookie cards in their sets in the early 2000s.  If you blink, you may miss the serial number in the lower left corner of this 2002 UD Diamond Connection card.  I know I did the first time.


 
Finishing out the package was a nice two sided 2019 Diamond Kings insert of Altuve for my son's collection.  Craig Biggio is pictured on the other side.  My son claimed this one pretty quick before I scanned the other side.


1 comment:

  1. Hope that you had a great birthday as well Ray!! Loved what you sent me, it will get the blog treatment later this week.

    I'll be on the lookout for more Altuve's as well...

    ReplyDelete