Wednesday, November 4, 2020

A Big One

I love the pwe style trades.  They are quick, easy, and save on postage.  I also enjoy getting a big chunk of needs all at once.  Last week I worked out a trade with TCDB member tenlbpain for 25 different Cardinals.  That is one of my largest trades in a long time.  It was full of a variety of great Cardinals.

My 1992 Panini Stickers set is now complete with these 2 glitter filled stickers.  If you stare at them long enough you will get a headache.

Unless you are a die hard Cardinals fan from the early 1990s, you will not recognize any of these guys except maybe Arocha.  These cards are from the 1992 Skybox AAA set.  


Big Lee Smith completed my 1993 Classic Game set, while the Copper 1995 Ultra leaves me needing just the checklist card.  My second Maclin card of the package is from the beautiful 1994 Pinnacle Museum parallel set.  Maybe next year these can be part of the Chronicles set.

2000 Topps Tek used some different elements to distinguish the cards besides the background patterns. The card on the left includes Ankiel's birthday, while the card on the right has his home tow of Fort Pierce, Florida.  My family stayed in Fort Pierce during our first trip to spring training in 2016.

I would hate to count how many base cards I have from Fleer brands in the early 2000s.  Without looking I guarantee it is in the thousands.  Despite that number, I still need quite a few.


For the next few months any Brock card will get its on picture.  RIP Cardinals legend.


2009 Bowman Chrome is now finished.  We all know how good Wainwright has been, but Ludwick was sneaky good for a couple of years.  He was an All Star and Silver Slugger in 2008.


I did not know this Freese card existed before this trade.  This card was a bonus in the 2009 Factory set.


Another Chrome set is finished with this Yadi from 2014.  Wish I could say the same for 2014 Stadium Club, but I still need 2 more.


I love the Triumverate inserts from Stadium Club.  Buster Posey and Joe Mauer complete this catcher's set from 2014.



I will finish off the post with some 2018 Stadium Club Red parallels.  As always greats photos.








 




  



No comments:

Post a Comment