Thursday, November 19, 2020

A Bader Good Trade

 As a player collector, there may come a time when you question whether you want to keep hoarding the same player's cards.  Whether the player is traded, leaves as a free agent, or done something wrong like PED use, there are many reasons to stop collecting someone.  Vince Coleman was my first player collection, but that came to a very quick halt when he signed with the Mets as a free agent.  I even took a break from my Ray Lankford collection after he was traded to the Padres.  It only last a few months though.  

Last week I worked out a trade with TCDB member Burefreak.  Like myself, he collects with his son.  His son had a nice Harrison Bader collection, but decided to collect Paul Goldschmidt instead.  I swapped some Goldy doubles and a few other cards for a batch of Baders.


There were 2018 cards like a Sepia Refractor and a Topps Rainbow Foil.


There were 2019 cards that shared the same photo.  Strange that Topps moved the Rookie Cup logo to the left side on the Opening Day Blue Foil.


Maybe I should start a rainbow of the 2019 Panini Prizm cards.  I might have around 5 of the 20 some variations by now.



2019 Leather & Lumber used die cuts instead of color variations.  Looks like the photo may have been from the same at bat as the Prizm card.


The last of the Baders including 2 2020 parallels and a 2019 mini.  I love the action shot on the Topps Rainbow Foil card.


I did receive a couple of Goldscmidt cards back.  Still pecking away at 2020 base card sets.


The last card I received was a 2019 Chrome Prism Refractor Molina.  He is a free agent, but I cannot see the Cardinals letting him go somewhere else.  I would prefer he only get a one year contract, but the Cardinals will most likely give him two.  


1 comment:

  1. When Cutch was traded from the Pirates to Giants, I viewed it as an opportunity to still player collect but not be so aggressive in needing every parallel.

    ReplyDelete