Monday, November 23, 2020

A Minors & Update Trade

 The pwe trades continue to roll in.  Late last week I received one from TCDB member RedSoxChip that contained 7 cards, 6 for me and 1 for my son.


Hard to believe Altuve has been around for almost 10 years.  I did not realize how good he has been.  It will be interesting to see how he bounces back from the cheating scandal and a bad 2020 season.   This 2020 Update insert does a great job of highlighting all his accomplishments.


I added a couple of Update inserts to my collection.  The KK Turkey Red is nice, but I am a sucker for a HOFer on a classic design from my early days of collecting.  



For some reason I did not have a want list for the 2010 Topps Pro Debut set.  I do now.  7 more to track down.


What is even better than minor league cards?  How about some from sets you did not know existed.  The Reyes card is from 2006 Grandstand Hyundai Triple A Legends set.  Not sure why it was broken up into 2 series.  Cardinals fans will remember his best for beating Justin Verlander in Game 1 of the 2006 World Series.  His career did not last long, but he continues to have a great story serving as a fire fighter in California.



No comments:

Post a Comment