Friday, November 13, 2020

Lots of Value from an EBAY Lot

Most of the time when I read an EBAY item description I do not pay attention to the similar search items at the bottom.  Sometimes I do not even make it to the bottom of the page.  Good thing I did last week while looking for a Cardinals autograph as I stumbled upon an auction for a Cardinals lot.  The seller did not have a very good title, so I was the only bidder.  He did have quite a few pictures that showed most of the key cards in it.  There was plenty of value of there for me for the $15.50 total that I won the auction for.  

I assume the only reason this auction came up in the similar search was it contained this Bud Smith autograph, although the title did not mention it.  This is my second auto of the former no hit, one hit wonder.  


I also gained a new JD Drew jersey card, the 4th in my collection.  I always liked 2003 Fleer Authentix cards.  I have a small collection of ticket stubs from games my family has attended.  


There was quite a few Drew cards in the 29 card lot.  These 5 are new to me.  I love the 2003 Elite die cut.


There were 3 other 2003 Elite die cuts.  The red cards look awesome with the Cardinals uniform.  The blue Gibson is not to bad either.


There were 2 other numbered inserts and a couple of refractors also.  The Bud Smith is a 2002 glossy parallel numbered to 200.  The 2002 Gold Refractor Polanco is my favorite.  It really shines in hand.

There were 13 other base cards that I did not need.  All these would not have been too bad of a deal.  The last 2 cards made it a great deal.


2 different Molina rookie cards finished the lot.  I have the Topps already, but needed the Fleer Inscribed.  These were pictured in the auction.  I thought for sure someone would have saw them and outbid me, but luck was on my side.   Wish these type of deals came along more often. 


1 comment:

  1. Nice deal! The Yadi Rcs and Elite legends stand out, and the Bud Smith auto is neat. It almost looks like calligraphy.

    ReplyDelete