Monday, November 16, 2020

Cardinals Update EBAY Box Break

My son and I were on the prowl for some Update boxes to open the weekend it was released.  Of course we did not find any, so we did the next best thing and checked EBAY for a team break.  We found one for 3 jumbo boxes that cost a little less than $12.  Cheaper than the blasters that finally showed up this past weekend.  We may still get a few packs to satisfy the urge to rip.  The EBAY lot also arrived this weekend.


The team sets consists of 8 cards along with a Molina photo variation.  We received 3 complete team sets and few extra.  


I was surprised the Goldschmidt card pictured him in a Cards uniform since he spent most of the decade as a  Diamondback.  I have seen this Gibson photo numerous times, but not lately.


I was lucky to receive 2 out of the 16 silver pack cards.  Love both of the shots.

My favorite card was this Carlson Prospect insert.  I love that Topps used a minor league photo.  I will give Topps credit for the coalition for these.  These were inserted 1 per jumbo pack.  Out of the 30 packs in the break, there were 27 different cards.  





2 comments:

  1. I'm usually all in on Update, but with only 8 Cardinals on the checklist I've avoided it in breaks so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping Carlson would have more cards, but I guess he will be in 2021 Series 1. LMK if you would like a set and I will add it to a pile of cards I have for you.

    ReplyDelete