Tuesday, March 2, 2021

A Minors and Oddball PWE

Yesterday was a great mail day as I had 4 packages arrive.  It almost feels like Christmas when you get to open so many things in one day.  They ranged in size from 2 cards to 16 cards.  I will not bother with the large package as it was the result of a 2021 Topps break that gained me only a couple of inserts to go along with most of the Cardinals base set that I am sure you all have seen by now.  Instead I will show 7 cards that arrived in a pwe from TCDB member jrad1973.

The 1990 CMC set featured 29 Louisville Redbirds cards.  At the time that was the Cardinals Triple A team.  Only 7 more to track down before I can put this one to bed.

Nothing mainstream about these 2 cards.  Not a lot of retail value, but I love them anyway.  Ozzie is from the 1991 Classic Game set, Coleman is a 1990 Topps Woolworth, and the Smith is a 1992 Score 100 Superstars card.  

My son has a subscription to SI for Kids, but I do not recall ever getting any Cardinals other than Paul DeJong.  He has quite the stack of cards to go through since he started receiving the magazine 3 years ago.  This Molina is from 2013.


The most basic card was this 1996 Pacific Crown Collection one that finished my 15 card team set.  I always like seeing the logo on the front of a card for some reason.  


  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment