Friday, March 5, 2021

Nothing Random About These Blue Cards

Everyone has seen a ton of 2021 Topps cards by now, but I still find myself watch box breaks or reading blog posts that feature people ripping packs.  My base set has been completed for a long time and I have a lot of the inserts, but there are a ton of parallels still to track down.  Last week Roy from Nothing If Not Random wrote about his blaster break.  One card caught my eye, and after a few email exchanges, we struck up a trade.  Turns out Roy only lives a couple of hours from me.  Small world.


Walmart blasters feature these royal blue parallels.  I was lucky to pull a Mikolas card from one of my packs, but Roy hit the best Cardinal in the set in his.  Our trade was going to be a one for one swap, but he sent a large stack of Cardinals along with this card.  


2017 Topps Bunt had a lot of different colored parallels.  The blues were most common seeded one per pack.  


Opening Day blue foil cards are one of my favorite parallels.  They are not numbered, but not that easy to find either.  I believe these have a print run identical to the year they were produced.  The Lynn card is from 2015, the DeJong from 2020.  


I needed a few other inserts that were not blue.  The Cardinals seem to do well during even numbered decades.  They have won at least one World Series in the 1920s, 1940s, 1960s, 1980s, and 2000s.  Hope that trend continues.  


Last card from the box was this Porter card.  Roy was not 100% sure where it came from, but it looks good to me.    

Thanks for the trade Roy.  Hope we can hook up again sometime soon.
    



2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the cards. Didn't realize there were so many blue parallels but that's good.

    ReplyDelete