Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Latest Ron B Package

It was ironic that I received a package from Trading Bases member Ron B over the weekend.  His Pirates were playing my Cardinals.  Not only did I receive a great batch of cards, but the Bucs managed to get swept by the Birds.  I try not to give Ron a hard time because he has been a Pittsburgh fan for a long time and he always sends me great cards.  One of these days the Pirates will be respectable again.  Until then I will look forward to them playing the Cardinals and any Cardinals Ron sends my way.  His latest package had the usual great assortment.


Upper Deck made a habit of including serial numbered rookies in a lot of sets in the early 2000s.  Completing team sets from this time period can be difficult.  


I received some numbered cards of the Donruss/Panini variety also, but these are all inserts.  It is almost strange to receive a Donruss card like the 2002 Originals Musial that has logos.  


Topps inserts included a nice Molina numbered refractor from 2018 Heritage Molina, a 2022 Rainbow Foil, and a 2018 Big League Blue DeJong.


Topps parallels included a couple of 2020 gold foils and a 2012 gold foil insert.


The last of the non base cards were 3 2021 inserts.  Not hard to pick out the camo blue Mosaic Edman as a favorite.


The lone base card in the package was the last 1996 Topps Chrome I needed for my team set.  Love crossing these older sets off my wantlist.


I guess this is not a base card or an insert.  I would not go out of my way to obtain these buybacks from anything after 1980, but will still find a place in my collection for them.  What really irks me is when a nice vintage card is destroyed with a stamp. 






      

No comments:

Post a Comment