Wednesday, May 25, 2022

No Big Deal

 Reading this blog you know I love to trade.  I would not have much to post about if I did not.  Lately the size of the deal has not really mattered to me.  As long as I can justify the cost of postage, I am good with about any type of trade.  In recent weeks that cost has been $1 or less.  One such trade was with TCDB member bravefan1.  3 Braves went his way in return for 6 Cardinals that came my way.


Half of the package were my first 2022 Donruss cards.  Panini is going the way of Topps Heritage by reusing old designs.  My dad must have bought my brothers and I 4 boxes of the 1988 product.  Not sure why the original blue and red border was replaced with a little of white added to the corners.  


Staying with the Panini brand, here is another of the many base card designs from 2021 Chronicles.  Seems like Carlson has a card in every one of them.


It never gets old getting Molina inserts or parallels.  If he ever retires, I am sure he will still be included in quite a few sets each year.  A fan favorite and future Hall of Famer is hard to leave out.  This is my first 2021 Mosaic Mosaic parallel.   That sounds very confusing just typing it.


The last card was actually a 2020 Topps sticker.  After being released last fall, Martinez has failed to catch on with the Giants or Red Sox this year.  I bet there is still teams that will take a chance on a former All Star who can throw in the mid 90s regardless of his control or injury issues.  Everyone can always use more pitching.




No comments:

Post a Comment