Wednesday, April 20, 2016

1 Sticker + 2 Carlos + Assorted Hits = Great Trade Package

My trading has slowed down a bit with the nicer weather finally arriving here in Southern Illinois.  It seems every night I have one or two functions to run the kids to.  Ball practice, dance practice, choir, etc keeps me away from home until 8 or 9 in the evening.  By the time showers, dinner, and homework is done, there is little time or motivation to devote to baseball cards.  It is nice though to open the mailbox and find a trade package or two still coming in.

I have traded with Michael from the Trading Bases group multiple times, but it has been a long time.  He was one of the traders who had some Pirates for the Indianapolis game I attended.  He also slipped in some Cardinals.



Michael included a nice variety of cards and even a sticker.  I have a couple other 2013 Topps Stickers to go along with the Lance Lynn, but need quite a few more.  The 2015 Heritage Minors card features Tim Cooney, a promising lefty who is experiencing shoulder problems to start the season.  Not sure why Shelby Miller has a 2013 Bowman Draft card when he was in the regular Bowman set that same year.

Two Carlos from the 2013 Bowman Chrome set.  I hope Martinez builds on his season from last year and continues to build up to a 20 game winner.  Beltran had a nice couple of season in St. Louis as the veteran replacement for Albert Pujols. 

Nothing too flashy about these 2 2016 Donruss cards.  Not for sure why, but it seems like all of my recent packages has at least one Molina card that I need. 

I am a fan of the refractor like finish of Pannini Prizm regardless of what year.  Panini did a decent job of selecting photos that minimize the lack of logos on these 2 cards.  It is sad to see how far Allen Craig has fallen.  Last I check he is still with Boston's Triple A team.

No comments:

Post a Comment