Monday, July 1, 2019

Bench Trade

I completed my first trade in over a month on The Bench website last week.  Member dragonslayer913 need some 2019 Big League cards in exchange for some Cardinals hits. 

These are my first 2019 Panini Prizm cards.  This set has a ton of parallels that have weird names.  Never thought I would be trying to track down a Donut Circle card. 

 A few more team set hits from Panini brands and Honus Bonus.  I was surprised to see Carpenter benched the last 3 days in favor of rookie Tommy Edman.  Carp has been pretty brutal this year, but you can say that about almost any Cardinal regular.  It showed in the All-Star selection as Paul Dejong was the only Cardinals to make it. 

Home run Flaherty pitches tomorrow night in Seattle.  I give the plus/minus on his home runs allowed at 3 to go along with 7 strikeouts in 4-5 innings.  I hope he can prove me wrong.

My favorite card of the trade was this 2019 1984 Ozzie insert.  Before too long Smith will have more cards from his post retirement days than when he was playing.  That says a lot about the number of sets Topps is putting out considering he played 19 years.   


No comments:

Post a Comment