Thursday, July 25, 2019

Showdown Trade

I remember as a kid receiving a 1989 Cadaco All Star Baseball game for Christmas.  My brothers and I loved playing the game.  We would pick out our favorite players regardless of what the disco showed and spin away for hours.  I usually lost because the Cardinals players were not very good at that time. 

Fast forward to 2000 for a new baseball game called MLB Showdown.  This game involved trading cards and rolling dice to decide the outcome.   There were numerous sets produced from 2000-2005.  I never played the game, but do have a few of the cards in my team collection.  A recent trade with TCDB member royals added a huge stack to my collection.


These 6 cards are from the 2000 Pennant Run 1st Edition set.  Just need the Jim Edmonds card to complete the team set.  Not any big names here, just some solid starters and a few bench players.


The 2001 cards are from 2 different sets. The top row is from the Pennant Run series, the bottom 2 rows from the Unlimited set.  Not sure what the difference is as the fronts and backs look the same to me.  Maybe they are similar to Topps series 1 and 2.


The final 2 Showdown cards come from the 2002 regular set.  I like these the best.  The first 2 years are a little too red for me.  Sound weird coming from a Cardinals fan.

 I received this 2015 Opening Day blue foil card as an extra.  Always nice getting something when you do not expect it.  Sweet looking card.  


     

No comments:

Post a Comment