Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Platinum Auto

Even though I did not make it to the card show this past weekend, I did receive a nice stack of cards.  Two sweet packages arrived filled with Cardinals goodies.  I will save the bigger one for tomorrow's post.  Today I will show off the cards that came from TCDB member iggywrestler2.  Not sure what his username stands for, but I give him an A+ for being original.

Andrew Knizner is the new heir apparent to Yadier Molina now that Carson Kelly is in Arizona.  He has a Bowman Chrome auto that looks much nicer than this sticker auto, but I will also welcome an autograph from a player I do not have.

 Two McGwire cards that are 19 years apart.  I believe the 2019 Stadium Club photo was taken during an opening day ceremony when Mac was still the hitting coach, but I could be wrong.  The 2000 Pacific Backyard Baseball card was included with a video game.  First time I have ever seen it.

Finishing out the package were a 1996 Fleer Tiffany, a 2019 Bowman Platinum base card, and 2018 Topps insert.  All 6 cards arrived safely in a PWE from Fishers, IN.  Ironic that I was planning to go there on Saturday for the card show.   

2 comments:

  1. Love the Knizner autograph. Excited Topps is making some cards of him finally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always nice to have a guy from your local college player for your favorite team. I hope he does well. Have met him a couple of times at minor league games and he seems to be a very down to earth guy.

      Delete