Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Cardinals Lot from The Bench

I am almost ashamed to say I have had this lot of Cardinals sitting on my desk for 2 weeks.  Earlier this month The Bench member Scobes was running a sale with most cards costing a dime or a quarter.  I found quite a few Cardinals I did not have and ended up spending about $7 by the time I paid shipping.  They arrived 2 days after I paid and just sat on my pile of cards to be scanned.  I had some spare time last night before watching Monday Night Football to finally get to them.


For this lot, I chose to scan them in chronological order.  These 4 are from the 1990s.  The 1998 Finest No Protector DeShields is the best of this bunch, although the 1998 Crown Royale is also pretty sweet.


3 cards from the 2000s featured 2 red Leaf Press Proofs and a Bowman Gold parallel.  



The 2010s featured more colorful and shiny cards along with the first taste of Panini cards.  I will call the 2012 Panini Cooperstown Mize a Cardinals card, even though there is no mention of a team on it.  


The 2020s bring a lot of color.  Lime green, red, orange, gold foil, green, and chrome.  It is almost scary to think what colors will come in the next decade.  


1 lone card from this year is a red parallel.  Goes well with the Cardinals uniform.  There were a handful of other cards in the lot that I bought for trade bait.  The total cost per card including shipping was close to 30 cents.  Not a bad deal at all.    


  


No comments:

Post a Comment