Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Sox for Cards

It has been a while since I did a pure team for team trade.  Years ago, I enjoyed doing a blind trade where I would send hundreds of a certain team for the same amount of Cardinals.  I do not do many of those types of trades anymore because I am trying to cut down on my duplicates, and I also do not open enough wax to accumulate very many cards.    

I still enjoy trading with other team collectors, just not on the large scale anymore.  Last week I worked a trade with TCDB member Scottzoe with Red Sox going his way and Cardinals coming back to me.


My 2002 Archives Reserve team set is now complete.  Always nice to knock off a 20 year old set from my wantlist.


I am inching closer to completing the 29 card team set from 2021 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary.  Only 4 more left to go.  


I also appreciate getting premium brand base cards in a trade like this 2020 Museum Collection.  If I find them in bargain boxes, it is never Cardinals I need.  The Molina is a royal blue parallel from 2020 Update.

 

About the only thing Poncedeleon and Gibson have in common is they were both right handed pitchers for the Cardinals.  I was too lazy to scan each card by itself, so this may be the only time you see their cards side by side.  The Ponce is a rainbow foil from 2019.  The Gibson is from the 1987 Hygrade set.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment