Wednesday, November 23, 2022

A Trader I am Thankful For

I have a lot to be thankful for in the baseball card world this year.  I passed 25,000 different Cardinals in my collection.  My son and I have been able to attend quite a few shows.  I love spending time with him digging through bargain boxes.  First and foremost,  I am thankful for all the traders I have had the pleasure of dealing with.  It is our fellow collectors that make this hobby so enjoyable for me.  At the top of this list is Trading Bases member Ron B. 

Our ongoing open-ended trade has been going on for years.  I received a large package in August that included many nice Cardinals.  I sent him some return fire in October hoping to get even, but he jumped ahead with another package that arrived this past weekend.  



Because he is located on the East coast, Ron can find Cardinals a lot cheaper than I can.  All these Molina cards came from quarter boxes.  The 2018 Heritage Green numbered to 250 was a steal at that price.  The 2022 Donruss card is a stat line parallel numbered to 500.  


Going back a few years to 2012 and Topps Gold Rush cards.  I did not know these cards existed before this trade.  These were a redemption for Series 1 wrappers.


More Topps parallels including a nice 2019 Topps Gallery Orange parallel numbered to 25.  Despite its low number, I like the 2022 Orange O'Neill better.


Only 3 Panini brand cards in this package.  A Holo parallel, a pink parallel, and a silver wave Prizm numbered to 60.


Finish things off with a couple of nice autographs.  The 2017 Tek Blue Diaz is numbered to 50.  The 2017 Fire Reyes is numbered to 420.  I was a little heartbroken to see him non tendered last week.  I started watching him in 2014 when he played in Peoria.  Wish he could have stayed healthy, but I hope he gets another chance to pitch in the Majors.      




No comments:

Post a Comment