Wednesday, September 11, 2024

2024 American Cancer Society Day At Busch Stadium #2

The second ACS day at Busch was this past Sunday.  It followed the same format as the first one, with autographs before the game being the main draw.  The pregame crowd was larger this time, but we were still able to get most of the autographs we wanted.


While my wife held our place in another line, my son and I got 2 other players.  Fermin has not played much this year, nor does he have much of a future with the Cardinals, but he is someone I do not have an autograph from.  He has several certified autographs this year that I also need to get a copy of.


Politte was at the same table as Fermin.  I have gotten his autograph a few other times, but not on these.  He liked the SP Top Prospect card.  


We joined our wife in the Victor Scott line next.  His line was by far the longest.  He had not seen the 2024 Pristine card yet.  I was lucky to find an EBAY seller with one for sale a couple hours north of me.  He also commented on the Peoria card and wanted to know if we had his bobblehead from there ( I do).


I was a little selfish and double-dipped Scott. Although autographs are advertised as one per person, I saw numerous people in front of us getting two or three cards signed.  This ball turned out great.


Former reliever Mike Crudale was our next autograph.  We had wanted to get in the Luken Baker and Al Hrabosky line first, but I do not think we would have made it to the front before time was up.  That is ok, as I have not gotten Crudale before.


I have lost track of how many times we have met John Costello.  It must be at the last five or six.  I am running out of different cards for him to sign.

Kyle Leahy was scheduled to sign, but he was demoted to Triple A on Saturday.  His replacement, Chris Roycroft, signed instead.  He signed a Busch Stadium card for me on the other ACS day, so he signed one of the generic postcards that was available on the tables. 

The game itself was a stinker.  Miles Mikolas gave up 7 runs in 2 innings, making it difficult for the Cardinals to come back.  We left after the 8th inning to beat some traffic.  Final score was 10-4 in favor of the Mariners.  The highlight for me was watching Julio Rodriguez interact with the crowd in between innings.  He would also throw a ball into the stands after warming up but made the crowd work for it.     
    



    



       

No comments:

Post a Comment