Monday, October 30, 2023

Card Show Bargain Buys

 Finishing up my card show recap from a week ago Saturday with my bargain box finds.  I bought from 2 different dealers.  The first had 2 monster quarter boxes that were somewhat sorted by sport.  I would find a stack of baseball, then something else.  I spent about 30 minutes finding 40 cards for $10.


Not too many Cardinals to be found.  I did not check my wantlist, so I ended up with 2 duplicates.  Both have already been traded though.


My son had decent luck finding 3 Altuve cards.  


Found a few refractors for team collectors.


Other trade bait including a nice 1999 Mystique Gold Larkin.  The rest of the cards were Pirates and Yankees for trading friend Ron B.

I managed to find 1 dealer with some dime boxes.  There were a few hidden gems in there.  I settled with 20 cards for $2.00.


We did not find very many cards for our personal collections.  The Baez refractor ended up being a duplicate.


I grabbed a few Mojo refractors from various years.  A lot were pitchers.


There were stacks of former top prospects.  Once again just grabbed some for team collectors.


A few odds and ends including a 2009 Topps photo variation Jackie Robinson.  Hard to pass that up for a dime.  

All in all it was a pretty good show other than the poor lighting.  I will most likely go back if they have another.








No comments:

Post a Comment