Thursday, October 19, 2023

Solo TCDB Trade

Looking back at my posts, it has been over a month since I posted a TCDB that was not part of a 2 for Tuesday.  2 main reasons for that are my lack of free time for trades, and the trades I did complete were small.  I managed to complete a larger trade 2 weeks ago with member jeffburk that I finally had a chance to scan this week.  


October 14, 1985 was the day Ozzie Smith hit his famous "Go Crazy" home run against the Dodgers.  He still has a ton of new cards produced every year by Topps and Panini.  I enjoy adding them, but love getting his older oddball cards like the 1985 Topps Super.   


A couple more oversized oddball cards include a 1986 Topps 3-D and a 1993 Upper Deck All Time Heroes.  

These 2 Hall of Famers are from the 1984 Galasso Glossy Greats set.  Quite a few great Cardinals in this set like Musial, Dean, and Medwick.


Getting more modern with 3 refractors of 2 former Cardinals and a soon to be former Cardinal in Tyler O'Neill.  I would be really shocked if he was still with St. Louis to start next season.


A handful of Bowman inserts included a 2 sided card featuring Flaherty on the front and Alex  Reyes on the back.  I was one of many fans who just a few years ago thought these 2 would be mainstays in the rotation for a long time.  


2 Topps inserts including a Gibson from 2018 Topps Gallery and 1 of many needed Topps Gold parallels.  


I will finish things up with 2 Topps Now cards from 2016 for my son's collection.  It is fun to look back and see what obscure stat or feat Topps chose to recognize.  






 

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I can't remember the last time I saw an '86 3-D like your McGee, even online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first time seeing one in person. Very cool card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 3D McGee card is incredible!

    Let's hope Tyler O'Neill is somewhere else next year, I won't believe Mo is moving on from him until I see it.

    ReplyDelete