Thursday, October 5, 2023

New Bobbleheads

Over the course of this baseball season, I was able to add 3 new Cardinals to my bobblehead collection.  I do not have an exact count, but I am guessing I am getting close to 100 different ones.  Wish I could display them all, but my case only holds about 25.  Gives me a reason to rotate them out every now and then.  


This Adam Wainwright was given out on June 11 at Busch Stadium.  I did not attend the game myself.  My brother was headed back to Colorado after my father's funeral and stopped in for a game.  He brought it back with him a few weeks ago.  This one will require a little work to straighten out the head, but nothing a hair dryer and a hot glue gun cannot fix.  


The Peoria Chiefs gave out this Masyn Winn bobblehead on August 26.  I was able to attend the game with my wife and son.  I observed the ugly side of the bobblehead world that night.  The Chiefs allow season ticket holders to get in 15 minutes earlier than the general public.  I watched a family of 4 go through the gates 3 different times to get the bobblehead.  The dad is a member of a Facebook group I belong to.  He was selling them for $45 plus shipping.  He paid no more than $12 for the tickets.  Only 1,000 were given out.  They were gone within 20 minutes of the gates opening to the general public.


Memphis Redbirds gave away this Jordan Walker bobblehead on September 2.  I traded one of my extra Winn bobbleheads for this one.  This one is my favorite of the 3.  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment