Monday, October 2, 2023

Thankful

I went to bed last night feeling very thankful.  First off, it was the last day of a terrible season for the Cardinals.  They finished the season in last place and 20 games under .500.  Cannot say much good happened, but I was thankful to watch Adam Wainwright.  He struck out in his last at-bat, but still received a standing ovation and curtain call.  Great wall to end his career.  

I am most thankful for a package I received on Saturday that I did not have a chance to open until Sunday afternoon.  I have not been this excited about a card in a long time.


This is the 3rd Lankford autograph I have won off EBAY from 2023 Immaculate, but the first to arrive.  Fingers crossed the other 2 arrive this week.   This is the first version of the Signatures card I saw pop up online.  Beckett lists 3 different versions of this card: one numbered to 49, this one numbered to 10, and a 1/1.  Not knowing if another would show up, I thought I overpaid quite a bit.  Another auction ended last night for about $5 less than what I paid, so I did ok.  Still pleased with the card regardless of the price.    


  

5 comments:

  1. This might be the coolest card I've seen on your blog. Even with the stickergraph it's a beauty. I'm a huge fan of the Immaculate brand, in any sport. Congrats on adding this to your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always liked Waino. Would have been more happy if his career had unfolded in Atlanta but he's a good guy. A fun guy. And a great pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought one of these and the person has still not mailed it. Little worried. Anyway, that's one good looking Lankford card.

    ReplyDelete