Thursday, February 15, 2024

Seeing Stars

One of my larger trade envelopes arrived a couple of days ago.  It contained 22 new Cardinals for my collection, all arriving in a single pwe.  I was a little hesitant to open the envelope for fear that I would find some damaged cards, but all arrived in great shape.  Kudos to TCDB member cjswinko for the careful packaging.  All but 2 of the cards featured stars.


Mulder was a very good pitcher for the As, but could not stay healthy during his time with the Cardinals.  He did manage to get a World Series ring, though.  I was thrilled to cross this 2006 Finest off my wantlist.  
 


O'Neill was another player who could not stay healthy.  When he did, he played great.  Best of luck to him in Boston.  





The final 20 cards did include some star players on star bordered cards.  These 2023 Topps cards were released by Fanatics in factory set form.  All 660 cards from Series 1 and 2 are included.  I have 7 more Cardinals to find to finish the set.  


No comments:

Post a Comment