Tuesday, February 20, 2024

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #68

Almost did not get today's post in.  Left my house at about 4:30 this morning to take my wife to the hospital for a knee scope to clean up a torn meniscus.  We were back home by 9:00.  Amazing how far some medical surgeries have come.  She is resting comfortably with an ice pack right now, so I have some spare time before dinner needs to be fixed.

First trade consisted of 3 cards from member Rooty10.


Edman has been slowed a little from offseason surgery but should be ready to start the season.  Arenado has mentioned coming back strong after a down 2023 season.  I hope so.  


Jordan Montgomery is still unemployed.  I would be thrilled to see him back in St. Louis, but there is little chance the Cardinals will pay up for him.

Second trade came from member Tastybrisket10.


It is nice to be able to add a Walker card via trade.  This one is a factory set rookie variation.  The Libby is a nice 1988 insert.  


Ozzie Smith has been spending the last few days in spring training working with the Cardinals infielders, especially shortstop Masyn Winn.  Maybe Topps can create a Then & Now Heritage insert of them in the next year or two.  This 2023 A&G mini is an ad back.


This is one of those cards I swore my son already had, but somehow never picked up.  Another reason why I always check his list before completing a trade.






  

No comments:

Post a Comment