Monday, February 19, 2024

Something Old, Something New, Something Lou

TCDB member DukeyDevil is a very busy man.  A look at his trade activity shows almost 3200 completed deals in close to 6 years.  That is almost 1.5 trades per day.  Crazy to think about the time he spends pulling cards and also the amount of postage he pays.  We completed our 6th trade last week, which brought me a nice variety of Cardinals.



The older cards in the trade feature 2 1982 Cramer Legends, a 1978 TMCA, and a 1984 Topps Rubdown.  All cool additions despite not being from mainstream sets.


The new portion features 4 shiny cards.  My 2023 Finest set is down to 1 short print.  My favorite of the bunch is the 2023 Topps silver pack Herrera.  I really hope he does well as the backup catcher this year with his first real chance of playing time.  



This is Lou Brock #250 in my collection.  This 2000 Upper Deck Hitter's Club insert is not the greatest design, but it is hard to go wrong with 2 Hall of Famers on the same card.


My son was not left out, adding this 2021 Bowman's Best base card.  It looks nice next to the refractor and atomic refractor he already has. 



1 comment:

  1. 3200 trades in six years? I'm exhausted just reading that. Pretty awesome though.

    ReplyDelete