Wednesday, February 28, 2024

New Cardinals Auto from EBAY

I am one of those weird team collectors who get excited to add an obscure player's autograph to my collection.  I have a list of former Cardinals who have certified autographs which I do not have.  Most cost less than $10, but some do not appear very often.  My latest EBAY purchase is a great example.


This 2004 UD Prosigs cost about $7 delivered.  I have been searching for this card for a long time.  I have seen it at some card shows near St. Louis but I did not like the double-digit price tag.  Calero completes my team set.  The autographs that year were part of the base set.  The throwback uniform is a great look.   

To my knowledge, this is Calero's only certified auto in a Cardinals uniform.  He does have a couple of autos in an A's uniform.  Calero played 2 seasons in St. Louis before being traded to Oakland in the Mark Mulder deal.  He was a pretty good reliever for 3 seasons before getting hurt.  He finished up his career with 1 year as a Marlin.      

  

1 comment:

  1. I remember Calero from his days with Oakland, but forgot that he was part of the Mulder trade.

    ReplyDelete