Tuesday, February 27, 2024

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #69

Anybody else notice how slow the post office has been the past month?  Some of my trades take twice as long to reach their destination.  In the past, it took 3-4 days for something to arrive from my house to Denver.  The last 2 times it has taken 5-6 days.  You would think with the increase in stamps service would at least stay the same.  I guess we are talking about the USPS where nothing is really predictable.  At least my packages are still arriving.  This one from member timmy16 arrived on Saturday.


2 Topps Gold cards of former Cardinals.  Back in 2014, Carlos Martinez was a future star.  He was an All Star in 2015 and 2017, but lost his effectiveness shortly after.  He last pitched in the MLB for Boston in 2021.  DeJong has moved on to the White Sox this year.  I still root for him because he was always a nice guy anytime I met him.


I am ashamed to say I have not completed the 2014 Stadium Club team set yet.  After adding Wong, I am left with the Ozzie Smith card on my want list.  I believe Wong is still unsigned.  Makes sense when guys like Matt Chapman are still available.

Second trade envelope arrived a week ago from member danaadk.


I am also working on my 2023 Stadium Club team set.  With any luck it will be finished in a few weeks.


Nice to add one of the short prints from 2023 A&G.  Still have 4 more Cardinals to acquire to finish this one.  


    

  

       

No comments:

Post a Comment